Skip to main content

Whole30 (November/December 2013)

I did the whole30!
Well, technically I did a whole26 but I digress....
I didn't talk about it much so I wouldn't put too much pressure on myself or self Sabatage, I did blog about it though. They are all unpublished blog entries but blogs nonetheless. They would be about the most boring blogs you have ever read in your life and I'm not about to subject you to that. 
A few things I learned were 1. How much I eat when I'm not hungry. I thought I was hungry.
2. I eat emotionally way more than I thought. 3. I learned how to up together my meals
So that my body functioned well even without all the unhealthy fillersWe put in our  daily diets.  4. The amount of ailments and brain a function problems I have that are majorly effected if not caused by nutrition or lack thereof is insurmountable.
I will be doing another whole30 in January. I would never force anyone to eat a certain way and I especially wouldn't push something so intense on anyone who isn't ready but I have to throw it out there so that people can have the opportunity to join a community of support on this.
I already did a whole 30. (26). Very recently. So why am I doing another one? Well I jumped off the bandwagon at day 26 because it was my husbands birthday and we were going to a Christmas party that night. Truth be told, I had the capability to be completely compliant with the whole30 that day and the Christmas party had plenty of options for me to stay on track but I had already solidified my decision earlier in the day with some dairy free chocolate. I regret it. More than that though, the whole 30 is about cutting out all these things for 30 days then reintroducing what you want slowly after those 30 days are over. I did not do that. I binged.  I got sick. And I'm still in a vicious sugar cycle. I want to be free of the sugar demons so I want to reset my body again. I thrived on the program and I believe I just needed to go longer than the 30 days. I'm waiting until January so I'm not stressing over the holidays and because the whole9 website does one of its quarterly community whole30s starting January 1st. I highly suggest getting the book "it starts with food" and I am getting the whole30 daily this time around. Hope to see you around. I will also be working on a social media break and even a fitness challenge to stay on track. The holidays can be a really hard time in so many ways on a lot of people and I believe we should be there for each other. Regardless of what you decide I pray you believe in yourself and do what is best for yourself. I know taking the first step is always the hardest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just another story.

I have been told telling my story will help.. people. I don't see how that is the case but I figure there is some reason I have dealt with the things that I have. So I'll start out simple.


Anxiety.


Crippling. Suffocating. Like a straight jacket warn under water.


Sounds so dramatic. So exaggerated. But it's so real. There's a quote that describes it perfectly "You don't need water to feel like you're drowning, do you?" no. I don't.


I've always had anxiety. for as long as I remember. After I had my youngest child it got significantly worse. It was no longer a panic attack that I would get over once I figured out or was proven everything would be okay. It was tightness in my chest all night and I didn't know why. It was someone is going to get sick and I know that will kill us all. It was sleeping in his room every night for months. It was waking up every few hours to check his breathing. It was my daughter has a sore tooth it's all goi…

society is an asshole.

Guys. I've never been much of a blogger on facts. I've never been a blogger that's great at  being consistent.. In fact I seem to get passionate or be "set off" by generally the same things throughout the years, so I tend to avoid blogging, to be honest. But guys... girls.... general population: THIS needs to be said.




I am not sorry for being who I am. You should not be either.






Reads simply, right? It is a very common and popular perspective in the internet world these days. It should be. But as much as we write it. say it. hear it. read it.... it's still seems to be a struggle. WHY? .... society, guys. Society is an asshole. Media WANTS us to not be okay with our bodies. The retail world wants us to go into debt being unsatisfied with what we already have. This society has been set up to make us unsatisfied unless we consume, consume, consume, need, need, need, and hate ourselves, our personalities, our bodies. because that means we are constantly trying to …

Fear is a liar.

fear
ˈfir/ noun 1.  an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. "drivers are threatening to quit their jobs in fear after a cabby's murder" synonyms:terrorfright, fearfulness, horroralarmpanicagitationtrepidationdreadconsternationdismaydistress Fear is necessary. It keeps us safe. It helps us think logically about decisions we need to make. But it can also go too far sometimes, or in my case, fear is generally the enemy.


Okay, so you know how fear kind of like nudges you every once in a while and whispers that something is WRONG? and that you need that fear to stay away from unhealthy, downright dangerous things? I had that. About almost everything. My whisper became so loud, I could not hear anything else. It roared instead of tiptoed, it was terror in the face of light, fear in the place of a smile. Nothing was okay and no one could fix it.  For months straight I prayed, I cried, I …