Skip to main content

Whole30 Day15

Pistols are my new favorite thing. They hang out beside handstands and squats, staying clear of push ups and bicycle crunches. 
I keep having weird dreams. Most of them involve me eating something off plan. Either knowingly or inadvertently. 

Also, 

It's cold. I do not like the cold. Christmas wish list this year involves coffee, warm clothing, and coconut butter. :) all to warm me up.

Today Breakfast was split in two. As usual I had a hectic morning. One stop involved eggs and fruit the next stop was coffee. The next: sweet potatoes and veggies. 
At least I get all my nutrients in.  Just not in the same place. Gotta work on being more prepared. Considering an egg muffin recipe with favorite veggies and sweet potato hash.....
Lunch = 
I finished off the rest of my guac with some more carrot sticks not much later because I realized I was still crazy hungry. 
Then a spoonful of almond butter... 
.... Then. Lara bar because at the time it was the only real option around me. 
Super hungry today. 
And dinner! I took a picture but it didn't actually take and I didn't know until afterwards. 
Two soft boiled eggs. Two eggs Benedict. Hollandaise sauce made with ghee from the against all grain cookbook, and green pepper, onion, tomato, and a little sweet potato sautéed in coconut oil. I def had a smallish spoonful of coconut butter afterwards. I finally figured out my egg limit. 3 1/2. But I also had eaten everything else :) 

Thoughts:
Hubby asked tonight if I was ever going to have junk food ever again. It was nice to have someone ask when usually I am the one pulling my head out of an ice cream tub, disappointed its gone... 
Tonight I feel like I don't want to go back to eating that stuff. If coconut butter and fruit or nuts or a good well rounded meal will satisfy me, I don't want to go back to sitting in bed with an ice cream container and spoon, wondering why I'm not losing that pudge, wondering why I am trying to eat my feelings, wondering why my face keeps breaking out. It's only day 15 but I don't want to go back to eating ice cream every weekend and twice during the week sometimes just because everyone else is and I'm uncomfortable with saying no thank you....
I am annoyed sometimes and feel "done" with this but I am okay with waiting to see more results and to be calm enough about it to bring in the foods I've cut out slowly, and see what the real problems are for my body. What I never want to have, what I very rarely will have, and what I am willing to eat often. 

On another note, I think I need to eat more during the day? I keep getting into my coconut butter stash in the evening, and I am going to run out and not be able to replace it! :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just another story.

I have been told telling my story will help.. people. I don't see how that is the case but I figure there is some reason I have dealt with the things that I have. So I'll start out simple.


Anxiety.


Crippling. Suffocating. Like a straight jacket warn under water.


Sounds so dramatic. So exaggerated. But it's so real. There's a quote that describes it perfectly "You don't need water to feel like you're drowning, do you?" no. I don't.


I've always had anxiety. for as long as I remember. After I had my youngest child it got significantly worse. It was no longer a panic attack that I would get over once I figured out or was proven everything would be okay. It was tightness in my chest all night and I didn't know why. It was someone is going to get sick and I know that will kill us all. It was sleeping in his room every night for months. It was waking up every few hours to check his breathing. It was my daughter has a sore tooth it's all goi…

society is an asshole.

Guys. I've never been much of a blogger on facts. I've never been a blogger that's great at  being consistent.. In fact I seem to get passionate or be "set off" by generally the same things throughout the years, so I tend to avoid blogging, to be honest. But guys... girls.... general population: THIS needs to be said.




I am not sorry for being who I am. You should not be either.






Reads simply, right? It is a very common and popular perspective in the internet world these days. It should be. But as much as we write it. say it. hear it. read it.... it's still seems to be a struggle. WHY? .... society, guys. Society is an asshole. Media WANTS us to not be okay with our bodies. The retail world wants us to go into debt being unsatisfied with what we already have. This society has been set up to make us unsatisfied unless we consume, consume, consume, need, need, need, and hate ourselves, our personalities, our bodies. because that means we are constantly trying to …

Fear is a liar.

fear
ˈfir/ noun 1.  an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. "drivers are threatening to quit their jobs in fear after a cabby's murder" synonyms:terrorfright, fearfulness, horroralarmpanicagitationtrepidationdreadconsternationdismaydistress Fear is necessary. It keeps us safe. It helps us think logically about decisions we need to make. But it can also go too far sometimes, or in my case, fear is generally the enemy.


Okay, so you know how fear kind of like nudges you every once in a while and whispers that something is WRONG? and that you need that fear to stay away from unhealthy, downright dangerous things? I had that. About almost everything. My whisper became so loud, I could not hear anything else. It roared instead of tiptoed, it was terror in the face of light, fear in the place of a smile. Nothing was okay and no one could fix it.  For months straight I prayed, I cried, I …