Skip to main content

Whole30 Day 4: 11/15/13

I love. Crossfit. I mean love. It's my thing. The weights, the climbing, the handstands, the box jumps and even. Burpees. Can't get enough. 


I'm hungry. At least, I think I am until I try to think about eating plain chicken and veggies or plain white fish and veggies. Then I realize I'm craving.
I'm still "Kill all the things" Alicia.
I'm starting to think ahead. Were going to a party next month. something we never do. I will be excited to feel my best but I'm not used to going without a drink at a party due to my social anxiety. I am going to tough it out, obviously, I already have plans for success brewing in my head :)
My anxiety is still bad. I am hoping this is a withdrawal type symptom. I read somewhere that your brain doesn't like change, so it fights it making you grumpy, in my case maybe that includes the anxiety.
I have to say, I feel a million times better about my body in just four days of this. I am curious to see if this feeling continues or if it is solely linked to the timetable of my cycle.

(Breakfast was another egg wrapped around onions & spinach some fruit and some sweet potatoes) ate too fast to take a pic.



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just another story.

I have been told telling my story will help.. people. I don't see how that is the case but I figure there is some reason I have dealt with the things that I have. So I'll start out simple.


Anxiety.


Crippling. Suffocating. Like a straight jacket warn under water.


Sounds so dramatic. So exaggerated. But it's so real. There's a quote that describes it perfectly "You don't need water to feel like you're drowning, do you?" no. I don't.


I've always had anxiety. for as long as I remember. After I had my youngest child it got significantly worse. It was no longer a panic attack that I would get over once I figured out or was proven everything would be okay. It was tightness in my chest all night and I didn't know why. It was someone is going to get sick and I know that will kill us all. It was sleeping in his room every night for months. It was waking up every few hours to check his breathing. It was my daughter has a sore tooth it's all goi…

society is an asshole.

Guys. I've never been much of a blogger on facts. I've never been a blogger that's great at  being consistent.. In fact I seem to get passionate or be "set off" by generally the same things throughout the years, so I tend to avoid blogging, to be honest. But guys... girls.... general population: THIS needs to be said.




I am not sorry for being who I am. You should not be either.






Reads simply, right? It is a very common and popular perspective in the internet world these days. It should be. But as much as we write it. say it. hear it. read it.... it's still seems to be a struggle. WHY? .... society, guys. Society is an asshole. Media WANTS us to not be okay with our bodies. The retail world wants us to go into debt being unsatisfied with what we already have. This society has been set up to make us unsatisfied unless we consume, consume, consume, need, need, need, and hate ourselves, our personalities, our bodies. because that means we are constantly trying to …

Whole30 again? Why?

I'm on day 9 of a whole30. I've done them before and I eat FAIRLY decent(I have my moments) but I felt like it was time to do another.
I was feeling fatigued, anxious, depressed, and my skin was atrocious. I wasn't sleeping well and my hormones were very obviously out of whack. I know a whole 30 improves all of these things so much so my goal was to just jump in and do one. I know how this goes, I've read all the books, I've done a handful of them within the last few years, and I am not new to meal prep. In fact, I have had several false starts in all of January and February of 2017 and I meal prepped almost every weekend of said months. My best friend said that she was ready to do one after a long time of considering it and I jumped on board. Something clicked this time and I have so far been successful.
Why am I doing it this time.
Besides the obvious benefits everyone explains about a whole30, I specifically wanted to feel my best mentally and physically because…