Every day I work I find a view I am amazed by. Not on purpose. It just happens. We don't live in an area filled with rolling mountains or beautiful shores, but I think that's what makes me appreciate the areas that look "untouched". It really just keeps me going some days. It's awesome that the sky can remind you of God's power and love.
I know because I resisted primal cookies. that I made. and boxed up. I didn't even lick my fingers.
This is huge.
We're pretty low on money this week, and I don't know when we will be doing better financially, but I'm tired of waiting.
I read whole9's "It Starts With Food" yesterday(on my day off) and decided to "dive in".
I eat pretty well. My diet is mostly paleo, but I tend to have trouble turning down sweets and I've been known to go rummaging through my cabinets at night to search for sugar....
I am doing okay this morning. My coffee was indulgence enough for me(I added in a bit of canned coconut milk- totally allowed, to my excitement) I know it will be tough at night and on weekends, when I am around more people and sometimes forget to eat.
It will be a test of will.
so I wanted to explain why I am doing this:
- Because I have miserable periods that exercise alone has not cured. I want to see if anything I eat is effecting the mood swings, painful cramps and back pain I experience during the week of and weeks surrounding my menstrual cycle.
- I want to conquer my sugar cravings. I want to know that I don't have to have all the cupcakes that enter my house, or search and rescue for that last piece of chocolate.
- I want to be a good example. I want to show my kids a Healthy relationship with food. This is not a diet, and I will not treat it like one. I want to know what it feels like to eat only real, pure foods.
- I want to prove to myself that I am strong. enough.
- I want to see if I can help my acne. When I was drinking dr. Pepper every day(seriously, the only beverage that touched my lips) my acne was awful. My acne is still bad, but it never flares up like it does when I have soda. I have yet to figure out if the caffeine or sugar or processed crap does it. Maybe all. Maybe it all needs to go.
I'm not posting this yet, so you will be seeing this later on. In fact, no one knows I'm doing this. It's my journey, and I tend to do these things best alone. No pressures, no taunting, no judgment. I don't personally know anyone who would want to do this with me.
On to my eats: