Skip to main content

Meal Prep Monday (On Wednesday?)

Northern Va is  really pretty in the fall.



Pretty cold, too, if you ask me..
I'm pretty sure that I was built for warm weather. But I figure the cold just gives me an excuse to warm up with burpees, squats, push ups, ect..

Cold weather also comes with lots of unhealthy foods. People push baked goods, candy, and sugar filled drinks onto you, trying to convice you that it's "good for the soul" or some crap like that.

No.


It's not.

I do, however, believe in moderation and I'm not some kind of sugar natzi, so I do allow my kids to have their Halloween candy. Halloween around here is really not that big of a deal. Don't tell me kids that, though, they don't know the difference. It's just one big party to them. They dress up and go to the church's trunks of treats every year. They play games, bounce in a bouncy house and get in a line to grab a small handful of candy out of four vehicles with their trunks decorated. 




Their candy haul is very small compared to other kids. But they don't know that. So they're happy.
They forget about most of it anyway. 
And I'm happy when they forget about it because they're not getting a surplus of junk, and they for notice if I eat it all :x
I'm doing pretty well, actually. I am eating very clean until I get to a breaking point of stress or frustration then I cope by grabbing all the sweets in sight......


Anyway! on with the reason you're here:




I'm not TOTALLY sure why I still do these. As of right now, they're pretty simple, and a LOT of repeats. But people ask about my foods so here you go:



Sunday: Chick Fila Style Paleo Chicken Nuggets with homemade honey mustard dipping sauce (just mix local honey and Dijon mustard) and sweet potato fries.

Monday: Steak (just threw in some favorite spices and the LAST of my coconut aminos..) and OMGsauce Spaghetti squash.(I will use less PB next time and make sure I'm not out of coconut aminos...)

Tuesday: Roasted Chicken in the crockpot (my gravy didn't thicken but we still loved it)with a side of mashed Cauliflower(I used the "gravy from the chicken recipe as the liquid)

Wednesday: Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti.

Thursday: Leftover Beef from last week. (I had it in the freezer, just took it out to thaw)

Friday: cauliflower crust pizza and Chicken Wings

Saturday: Leftovers. 





I make guacamole as usual - definitely a favorite snack of mine with veggies because it's so satisfying and I get my fats in.

I chopped up some cucumbers from the farmers market this week and used those as a nice little crunch.

I recently started cooking tilapia and veggies at the beginning of the week and saving it for quick lunches because the rest of my family aren't big fans. :)

I also plan on pre making my green smoothies for snacks, lunches, and kid treats. :)

I have been drinking a lot of water this week. It's made a huge difference in cravings and energy. (during the day. Now if you can help me with my night time self control, let me know!!)

Breakfast might consists of either nothing(I know I know, even I have preached on the importance of it.. but guess what? I don't believe it is necessary as long as I eat enough calories for myself throughout the day..) or my favorites right now are breakfast wraps(I've taken an old favorite of tortillas and used nitrate free applegate ham as my wrap and thrown in grilled onions) and bacon with poached eggs or fried eggs, which I just learned how to perfect! ( I cook them with bacon fat or coconut oil)

Links are attached as usual :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just another story.

I have been told telling my story will help.. people. I don't see how that is the case but I figure there is some reason I have dealt with the things that I have. So I'll start out simple.


Anxiety.


Crippling. Suffocating. Like a straight jacket warn under water.


Sounds so dramatic. So exaggerated. But it's so real. There's a quote that describes it perfectly "You don't need water to feel like you're drowning, do you?" no. I don't.


I've always had anxiety. for as long as I remember. After I had my youngest child it got significantly worse. It was no longer a panic attack that I would get over once I figured out or was proven everything would be okay. It was tightness in my chest all night and I didn't know why. It was someone is going to get sick and I know that will kill us all. It was sleeping in his room every night for months. It was waking up every few hours to check his breathing. It was my daughter has a sore tooth it's all goi…

society is an asshole.

Guys. I've never been much of a blogger on facts. I've never been a blogger that's great at  being consistent.. In fact I seem to get passionate or be "set off" by generally the same things throughout the years, so I tend to avoid blogging, to be honest. But guys... girls.... general population: THIS needs to be said.




I am not sorry for being who I am. You should not be either.






Reads simply, right? It is a very common and popular perspective in the internet world these days. It should be. But as much as we write it. say it. hear it. read it.... it's still seems to be a struggle. WHY? .... society, guys. Society is an asshole. Media WANTS us to not be okay with our bodies. The retail world wants us to go into debt being unsatisfied with what we already have. This society has been set up to make us unsatisfied unless we consume, consume, consume, need, need, need, and hate ourselves, our personalities, our bodies. because that means we are constantly trying to …

Whole30 again? Why?

I'm on day 9 of a whole30. I've done them before and I eat FAIRLY decent(I have my moments) but I felt like it was time to do another.
I was feeling fatigued, anxious, depressed, and my skin was atrocious. I wasn't sleeping well and my hormones were very obviously out of whack. I know a whole 30 improves all of these things so much so my goal was to just jump in and do one. I know how this goes, I've read all the books, I've done a handful of them within the last few years, and I am not new to meal prep. In fact, I have had several false starts in all of January and February of 2017 and I meal prepped almost every weekend of said months. My best friend said that she was ready to do one after a long time of considering it and I jumped on board. Something clicked this time and I have so far been successful.
Why am I doing it this time.
Besides the obvious benefits everyone explains about a whole30, I specifically wanted to feel my best mentally and physically because…