Skip to main content

Lets talk cauliflower

Disclaimer: I am in no way a food blogger. What I am is a busy working wife and mom on a budget, eating clean and getting my family in on the fun.... ;)
 I like to blog about my discoveries, adventures, and random thoughts. This is a discovery: 

My husband does not like veggies. 
When I don't mix them in with the rest of our food for dinner, he conveniently skips putting that dish on his plate. 
Except cauliflower. 
This man could eat cauliflower daily. 
And now he will. 
Because I found out how to make it a snack that he can take to work. 
This is how I roast cauliflower:


This is a really simple "recipe". If you can even call it that. And all I've done is adapted the best way that works for us. 

You need: 
1 cauliflower head, broken into medium sized pieces 
Salt to taste and any other seasoning you want. 
2 tbs of olive oil 
Aluminum foil
Baking sheet


Preheat oven to 450
I put my cauliflower in a plastic bag with the olive oil and about a tsp of salt. 
Shake it up, and pour onto a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. 
Set timer for 20 minutes. 
Flip cauliflower over half way through time. 
It's done when it starts to turn a but darker and crisp. 
That's it. Like I said, not much of a recipe, and its not like I invented it. If you're more of a broccoli fan you could do that instead :) 
Finished product: 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just another story.

I have been told telling my story will help.. people. I don't see how that is the case but I figure there is some reason I have dealt with the things that I have. So I'll start out simple.


Anxiety.


Crippling. Suffocating. Like a straight jacket warn under water.


Sounds so dramatic. So exaggerated. But it's so real. There's a quote that describes it perfectly "You don't need water to feel like you're drowning, do you?" no. I don't.


I've always had anxiety. for as long as I remember. After I had my youngest child it got significantly worse. It was no longer a panic attack that I would get over once I figured out or was proven everything would be okay. It was tightness in my chest all night and I didn't know why. It was someone is going to get sick and I know that will kill us all. It was sleeping in his room every night for months. It was waking up every few hours to check his breathing. It was my daughter has a sore tooth it's all goi…

society is an asshole.

Guys. I've never been much of a blogger on facts. I've never been a blogger that's great at  being consistent.. In fact I seem to get passionate or be "set off" by generally the same things throughout the years, so I tend to avoid blogging, to be honest. But guys... girls.... general population: THIS needs to be said.




I am not sorry for being who I am. You should not be either.






Reads simply, right? It is a very common and popular perspective in the internet world these days. It should be. But as much as we write it. say it. hear it. read it.... it's still seems to be a struggle. WHY? .... society, guys. Society is an asshole. Media WANTS us to not be okay with our bodies. The retail world wants us to go into debt being unsatisfied with what we already have. This society has been set up to make us unsatisfied unless we consume, consume, consume, need, need, need, and hate ourselves, our personalities, our bodies. because that means we are constantly trying to …

Fear is a liar.

fear
ˈfir/ noun 1.  an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. "drivers are threatening to quit their jobs in fear after a cabby's murder" synonyms:terrorfright, fearfulness, horroralarmpanicagitationtrepidationdreadconsternationdismaydistress Fear is necessary. It keeps us safe. It helps us think logically about decisions we need to make. But it can also go too far sometimes, or in my case, fear is generally the enemy.


Okay, so you know how fear kind of like nudges you every once in a while and whispers that something is WRONG? and that you need that fear to stay away from unhealthy, downright dangerous things? I had that. About almost everything. My whisper became so loud, I could not hear anything else. It roared instead of tiptoed, it was terror in the face of light, fear in the place of a smile. Nothing was okay and no one could fix it.  For months straight I prayed, I cried, I …