Skip to main content

How I stay motivated

I have very negative tendencies. Left to my own devices I will burn the world down (mentally) with my negative thoughts and cry about it.

Motivational Quotes. Self explanatory. They can be overused. And corny. But oh so good.

Keeping positive company. This one isn't always possible. But if I keep as many positive people around to remind me of who I am, it won't effect me as much when those negative people have to say what they do. Also, I keep hope that if I hold onto my positivity, I can help other think positively eventually as well!

Lists. Every time I accomplish something new on my list I mark it off. It's a good feeling Seeing what I've achieved that day. And I'm not always wondering if I'm missing something. I can write something down and let it go, focusing on my task at hand.

Zig. I listen to motivational tapes. It's convenient and so beneficial. I used to feel stupid turning it on. Someone might hear.... and think I'm unstable. But the benefits I've achieved from listening far outweigh the embarrassment.

Sunshine. I can't get enough.

Family. My kids are a huge motivation. I want to be a better mom. I want to be positive. I want to be a good example. They're these little light beams showing innocent love all the time. I just want what's best for them.

Connecting. I am probably the most introvert person you will ever meet. socializing DRAINS me more than physical exertion ever will. But I have to connect with people. we all do. it keeps us human. so I meet up with friends, I take time out to text or email or even FB them, and I talk about life. and listen. I like listening better, but when I talk about things constructively and positively, I feel better.

Just Start. Even when I don't feel like it, I go workout, I go read that book I said I would, I start on that list I made... Eventually It's more than just going through the motions and I kick start myself awake.

I remember my HOPE. This one is hard for me. I don't know why. I open my Bible or I go to a nearby devotional and I remember why I ALWAYS have hope. That is the best motivation there is.

Social media gives us a platform to get out the things that we want. I use mine to share positivity and fitness and to connect with the world. 

It very important to me to explain that I don't think I have everything together. In fact, my head is a mess. And I'm not very organized and I tend to be shallow(about myself) and negative. My goal right now is to not focus on the ways habits and thought process that I'm leaving behind but to focus on the positive ahead. I use this blog to organize my thoughts and have another way to incorporate positive changes into my life. I figure if I can put these resources out there and it helps someone else who might have even be able to relate to any of this the tiniest bit It's worth putting it out there. I have no idea what I look like to everyone in the real world. I just know what it's like in my head and I try to put out what I want to go in.


“There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just another story.

I have been told telling my story will help.. people. I don't see how that is the case but I figure there is some reason I have dealt with the things that I have. So I'll start out simple.


Anxiety.


Crippling. Suffocating. Like a straight jacket warn under water.


Sounds so dramatic. So exaggerated. But it's so real. There's a quote that describes it perfectly "You don't need water to feel like you're drowning, do you?" no. I don't.


I've always had anxiety. for as long as I remember. After I had my youngest child it got significantly worse. It was no longer a panic attack that I would get over once I figured out or was proven everything would be okay. It was tightness in my chest all night and I didn't know why. It was someone is going to get sick and I know that will kill us all. It was sleeping in his room every night for months. It was waking up every few hours to check his breathing. It was my daughter has a sore tooth it's all goi…

society is an asshole.

Guys. I've never been much of a blogger on facts. I've never been a blogger that's great at  being consistent.. In fact I seem to get passionate or be "set off" by generally the same things throughout the years, so I tend to avoid blogging, to be honest. But guys... girls.... general population: THIS needs to be said.




I am not sorry for being who I am. You should not be either.






Reads simply, right? It is a very common and popular perspective in the internet world these days. It should be. But as much as we write it. say it. hear it. read it.... it's still seems to be a struggle. WHY? .... society, guys. Society is an asshole. Media WANTS us to not be okay with our bodies. The retail world wants us to go into debt being unsatisfied with what we already have. This society has been set up to make us unsatisfied unless we consume, consume, consume, need, need, need, and hate ourselves, our personalities, our bodies. because that means we are constantly trying to …

Fear is a liar.

fear
ˈfir/ noun 1.  an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. "drivers are threatening to quit their jobs in fear after a cabby's murder" synonyms:terrorfright, fearfulness, horroralarmpanicagitationtrepidationdreadconsternationdismaydistress Fear is necessary. It keeps us safe. It helps us think logically about decisions we need to make. But it can also go too far sometimes, or in my case, fear is generally the enemy.


Okay, so you know how fear kind of like nudges you every once in a while and whispers that something is WRONG? and that you need that fear to stay away from unhealthy, downright dangerous things? I had that. About almost everything. My whisper became so loud, I could not hear anything else. It roared instead of tiptoed, it was terror in the face of light, fear in the place of a smile. Nothing was okay and no one could fix it.  For months straight I prayed, I cried, I …