Skip to main content

Weekends, challenges, and food prep.

My resolve softens on weekends. I eat more junk and I let other people's schedules override my own. My guilt sets in because it's natural for me to feel bad about taking time for fitness(even if my kids are with me, which they are for weekend fit fun) This weekend I was a bit better though, and I'm proud of my progress. It wasn't as hard to get back on track after a weekend of too many "snacks" and I learn more and more every time these things happen. "Living" to me isn't about eating cupcakes, it's about bike rides and park trips with my family. together is important. adventure is important. bonding and learning are important.
 

Sundays are meal prep days. I plan my menu out, grocery shop, and get as much food prepped as I can. Some days I get more done than others, but at least having a PLAN helps me stay on track with my goals. Which is really to eat as healthy as possible and feel and do my best.
Every Wednesday I will post my eats.

 
My Flylady challenge is going decent. I got off track the last few days. My weekends throw me off in every aspect, not just nutritionally. Just jumping back in today to set myself on the right path. I think I was trying to jump ahead and do what emails and things were telling me instead of sticking with my baby steps. Lesson learned. Today my focus will be on cleaning my hot spot (stop it) and picking out my clothes and Little B's (2) clothes for the next day. Keeping my little J (7) track with the kids challenges actually hasn't been too hard. She's excited to have a new challenge every day. It's when she slacks off and it piles up that she gets overwhelmed. As with us adults :) Every Monday I will update on the flylady challenges. It's been a very big eye opening experience so far and I'm only on day 7!

I am doing another challenge. This one is less complicated or new for me. I do devotionals every day and I work out every day. This challenge will combine the two and provide me with accountability and reminders. The challenge is from Peak313 fitness and it involves accountability, fitness, and weekly "soul food" which is bible passage to study and memorize. My friend from Sunflowers on the Hill is joining me on this, and we invite you to as well! the only requirements to be included in the challenge is to get active for 25 minutes a day for 4 days a week and to memorize your scripture. then you just check in every week or so and you're entered for a prize. The most rewarding thing is obviously you're making your life more whole and learning to live with Passion. Hope you join us :)



The past few days in a nutshell:







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just another story.

I have been told telling my story will help.. people. I don't see how that is the case but I figure there is some reason I have dealt with the things that I have. So I'll start out simple.


Anxiety.


Crippling. Suffocating. Like a straight jacket warn under water.


Sounds so dramatic. So exaggerated. But it's so real. There's a quote that describes it perfectly "You don't need water to feel like you're drowning, do you?" no. I don't.


I've always had anxiety. for as long as I remember. After I had my youngest child it got significantly worse. It was no longer a panic attack that I would get over once I figured out or was proven everything would be okay. It was tightness in my chest all night and I didn't know why. It was someone is going to get sick and I know that will kill us all. It was sleeping in his room every night for months. It was waking up every few hours to check his breathing. It was my daughter has a sore tooth it's all goi…

society is an asshole.

Guys. I've never been much of a blogger on facts. I've never been a blogger that's great at  being consistent.. In fact I seem to get passionate or be "set off" by generally the same things throughout the years, so I tend to avoid blogging, to be honest. But guys... girls.... general population: THIS needs to be said.




I am not sorry for being who I am. You should not be either.






Reads simply, right? It is a very common and popular perspective in the internet world these days. It should be. But as much as we write it. say it. hear it. read it.... it's still seems to be a struggle. WHY? .... society, guys. Society is an asshole. Media WANTS us to not be okay with our bodies. The retail world wants us to go into debt being unsatisfied with what we already have. This society has been set up to make us unsatisfied unless we consume, consume, consume, need, need, need, and hate ourselves, our personalities, our bodies. because that means we are constantly trying to …

Whole30 again? Why?

I'm on day 9 of a whole30. I've done them before and I eat FAIRLY decent(I have my moments) but I felt like it was time to do another.
I was feeling fatigued, anxious, depressed, and my skin was atrocious. I wasn't sleeping well and my hormones were very obviously out of whack. I know a whole 30 improves all of these things so much so my goal was to just jump in and do one. I know how this goes, I've read all the books, I've done a handful of them within the last few years, and I am not new to meal prep. In fact, I have had several false starts in all of January and February of 2017 and I meal prepped almost every weekend of said months. My best friend said that she was ready to do one after a long time of considering it and I jumped on board. Something clicked this time and I have so far been successful.
Why am I doing it this time.
Besides the obvious benefits everyone explains about a whole30, I specifically wanted to feel my best mentally and physically because…