Skip to main content

I need a shower

 I'm blogging from my jeep. On an errand for work. I haven't showered today. True life: I'm a mom. 
I tried to recap my weekend yesterday in the midst of juggling food prep and my high energy joyous toddler but it got erased. 
It's okay. Revise and perfect. 
So Saturday I went to a NASCAR race with my husband. I had decided on Friday I was going to take my food thing slow. I know how to eat right but I'm pretty much an all or nothing kind of girl I was going all in or eating tons of junk. I'm cutting out one thing at a time. Yes on my way to paleo. My reasonings are for another blog Post. Anyway, I decided I wasn't going to worry about it while I was at a NASCAR race... Especially not while I was thing my adorable hubby who does not do the whole paleo thing. He doesn't even eat clean. Well, he eats healthyhalf the  time... But he does not share my passion about the lifestyle. 
Which is fine. 
Let me give a rundown of what I ate:
Brought snacks of flavored almonds, perky jerky, and tons of water. 
I was pretty hungry from that mornings WOD ad I had only had this: 
Steak. Veggies cooked in coconut oil. Poached eggs covered in holland aide sauce from my Against All Grain cookbook. Amazing. But I was hungry later. 

We stopped at chick fila on the way. I actually Just got a bunch of grilled chicken nuggets and a bowl of
Fruit. Not because I was restricting. Because its what I wanted to do. 

We get there and I'm already hungry. But I held off. I kept dreaming about wings. Mmmm. Wings. I thought it was my safest option. 

We get to our seats. Which were great! 
My favorite driver was starting at first. 

And we remembered ear plugs ;) 

So we go search for my wings and while standing in line I realize they're boneless wings. Which means they're breaded right? Ugh. No longer my safe go to. So I walk a couple stands over to enjoy some good BBQ chicken. Sans bun. I wish I could say I left the BBQ in the packet... But alas, I did not. 

It was good. 

We had a cup of dip n dots to finish up and went back to the race. 

These. 
We're the steps to get there. Great. Except that morning's WOD was tons of push presses and box jumps. Ouch. 

Drinking as much water as I did helped. A lot. I didn't drink alcohol. And it was... Interesting... To see all the very very drunk people. I guess I'm a sensitive soul because my heart hurt to see them lost or yelling....

Anyway, My driver did not win. He actually missed out on competing in the championship. & I don't want to mislead anyone. The only reason I know any of this is because my husband explained it all to me. 

Back to reality. The next day was football day and I skipped out on watching my beloved steeler sadly loose to the titans... I guess you could say I'm pretty dedicated to my food prep right now. 


My fridge looks glorious.
 
I wouldn't change it. (Now will someone please show me how to keep my house nice and organized and spotless while keeping up this prepping that would be great!)

Irony is I did all this - then made dinner and my kids lunches and prepped dinner for the next day and I never got MY food together for the next day. I tend to do that... So this morning I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off as per usual, grab some leftovers for lunch, throw lettuce in a Tupperware bowl, and some berries in a small container and leave. Wrestling in my mind where ill get breakfast. 

I remembered panerabread has a hidden menu. Google it. Do it. For the good of all humanity.


It's perfect. 


Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my breakfast. (Isn't it beautiful?) 

So here I am, cutting out grains and doing much better than I was a week ago. 

I'm on a low budget for now. My posts will be boring. But I want to record my journey to prove to me and others what goes on with food and our bodies. I'm feeling great by the way. Upping my water intake has made me feel incredibly clean, as well. 
My goal is to balance hormones, help my acne, help my moods, anxiety, and energy levels. I also want to know if this is the kind of lifestyle I want for my kids. They are moderately eating paleo. But I don't want to enforce anything if I can't back it up yet... 

Do you have specific eying guidelines for you family? How do you avoid all the junk that gets offered to you or your kids? 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just another story.

I have been told telling my story will help.. people. I don't see how that is the case but I figure there is some reason I have dealt with the things that I have. So I'll start out simple.


Anxiety.


Crippling. Suffocating. Like a straight jacket warn under water.


Sounds so dramatic. So exaggerated. But it's so real. There's a quote that describes it perfectly "You don't need water to feel like you're drowning, do you?" no. I don't.


I've always had anxiety. for as long as I remember. After I had my youngest child it got significantly worse. It was no longer a panic attack that I would get over once I figured out or was proven everything would be okay. It was tightness in my chest all night and I didn't know why. It was someone is going to get sick and I know that will kill us all. It was sleeping in his room every night for months. It was waking up every few hours to check his breathing. It was my daughter has a sore tooth it's all goi…

society is an asshole.

Guys. I've never been much of a blogger on facts. I've never been a blogger that's great at  being consistent.. In fact I seem to get passionate or be "set off" by generally the same things throughout the years, so I tend to avoid blogging, to be honest. But guys... girls.... general population: THIS needs to be said.




I am not sorry for being who I am. You should not be either.






Reads simply, right? It is a very common and popular perspective in the internet world these days. It should be. But as much as we write it. say it. hear it. read it.... it's still seems to be a struggle. WHY? .... society, guys. Society is an asshole. Media WANTS us to not be okay with our bodies. The retail world wants us to go into debt being unsatisfied with what we already have. This society has been set up to make us unsatisfied unless we consume, consume, consume, need, need, need, and hate ourselves, our personalities, our bodies. because that means we are constantly trying to …

Whole30 again? Why?

I'm on day 9 of a whole30. I've done them before and I eat FAIRLY decent(I have my moments) but I felt like it was time to do another.
I was feeling fatigued, anxious, depressed, and my skin was atrocious. I wasn't sleeping well and my hormones were very obviously out of whack. I know a whole 30 improves all of these things so much so my goal was to just jump in and do one. I know how this goes, I've read all the books, I've done a handful of them within the last few years, and I am not new to meal prep. In fact, I have had several false starts in all of January and February of 2017 and I meal prepped almost every weekend of said months. My best friend said that she was ready to do one after a long time of considering it and I jumped on board. Something clicked this time and I have so far been successful.
Why am I doing it this time.
Besides the obvious benefits everyone explains about a whole30, I specifically wanted to feel my best mentally and physically because…